...Ponderings...

My thoughts on life, love, family, friends, and God.

 

In October of 2009, I received a direct message from my dear friend, Katy Lindamood, about a vision she had for a website created and run by women. I was thoroughly excited about the site. I was just getting my start in NASCAR writing through my blog, One 4 the Win. I was one of, if not the very first person asked to join the site.

In the nearly two years since then, I’ve been on the ride of my life. I had my column, which I adored, and got to interview some amazing people through Skirts and Scuffs. I also got to be the very first media representative at the track.

The past few months, since about February, have been absolutely crazy for me. From getting sick for a month with a respiratory infection and then pneumonia to taking up the bagpipes to some family issues, I just hadn’t the time to write. I’m also praying about attending Bible school. So to say the least, things weren’t working out with me writing for the site. A few weeks ago, I realized that it just wasn’t going to work out anymore. It’s time to close that chapter in my life.

So it is with tears that I write my resignation from being a writer at SkirtsandScuffs.com. Thank you all for the memories.

 

Genna

2 comments:

Well that is sad news but understand the ebb and flow of life. Good that you are being proactive. That is how you will get things accomplished. Looking forward to a bagpipe vid from you on YouTube soon!

Genna, I love you to death sweetie and even though you aren't writing for the site you are still my girl! I wish you luck with all your future endeavors and know there are great things for you on the horizon!

The door is always open! :)

Post a Comment