...Ponderings...

My thoughts on life, love, family, friends, and God.

 

And so it begins. November. Fall. Pumpkin pie. Thanksgiving. Novels.

…what?

You may wonder what novels have to do with November. Nothing really. Well not if you’re not a writer. But for 60,000 people worldwide, the month of November has become synonymous with caffeinated beverages, late night/early morning writing sessions, and mad dashes to make word count goal by day’s end.

This is also known as National Novel Writing Month. It’s an insane, fun, inner-editor murdering dash to 50,000 words. The goal is to have a 50,000 word novel by the end of 30 days. It’s entirely possible. I haven’t participated since 2008 due to unforeseen circumstances. I did manage to squeak out 50,000 words that year. At the same time, I wasn’t working, learning to play bagpipes, or teaching Sunday school.

This year, with less than 14 days to plan, I plunged in and forgot my floaties. It’s going much better than I had expected and it’s been quite a heck of a ride. And we’re only on the first day.

I’d like to wish all my friends who are participating the best. It’s going to be a hella fun ride.

0 comments:

Post a Comment