...Ponderings...

My thoughts on life, love, family, friends, and God.

So I finally finished Wuthering Heights. I have to say, I found Heathcliff incredibly difficult to like, even sympathize with. Actually, I found most of the characters difficult to care for, but the story itself was wonderful.

It begins in the year 1801. From there, the story goes back in time through the narrative of a faithful servant of the Heights. As she tells the story, from her point of view, the listener, Mr. Lockwood becomes increasingly interested until she relives the whole of her tale.

It’s a wonderfully enchanting story of love, passion, death, and the cold reality of status in the 1700’s.

This week I will begin Sir Arthur Conan Doyle’s “The Hound of the Baskervilles”. Onward with my Summer of Classics!

0 comments:

Post a Comment