...Ponderings...

My thoughts on life, love, family, friends, and God.

So a few of my friends have been wanting to know what life is like after 50k...

Well it isn't much different than 40, 30, or even 25 was. What I can say about it is that it was a wonderful feeling to pass that mark. It symbolized the realization of a dream for me. Ok, that sounds super corny, doesn't it? But I'm not afraid of a clichè! Never have been.

Anyways, what I'm getting at here is that when I started this, I really didn't think I would make it as far as I did. Fifty thousand words. That's a lot of words, it translated into 113 pages on MSWord 2003! It was so big for me because this is the biggest story I've ever written and the first one I've stuck with this far.

I don't really think anyone realizes what a big thing this was for me. It was more than a 50,000 word count, its helped me fall in love with writing again. Even beyond that, I'm actually finishing a story! I'm so pleased and proud and damnit, I deserve to be proud!

As a shout, I'd like to recognize my dear writing buddy and wonderful friend, Julie W. She braved bronchitis this month and several other hurdles, yet she managed to pass the 50k line yesterday, Thanksgiving day! Congrats Jules!

0 comments:

Post a Comment